The Lakeland 50 & 100 Virtual Ultra is back!! It takes place July 15th to 26th 2023 and you have 12 days to complete the challenge.
It’s £25 to enter which includes the cost of your medal, all proceeds go to charity. You can enter as a solo and complete either the 50 or 105 mile distance, over the 12 day period. You can also enter the Lakeland Virtual Ultra as a team or group and your mileage would be accumulated. As an example, 3 runners would need to complete 17 miles each over the 12 days, to complete the 50 mile event.
There’ll be regular Foxcasts, lots of fun and games on the Facebook group and we’re aiming to raise a large amount of money for various NW charities at a time when they need funds more than ever.
See the screenshot below: If you are a ‘general solo entry’ and wish to enter either the 50 or 100 and complete the full distance yourself, then choose your distance and then select ‘None’. If you wish to create or join a team, you would select ‘Join existing or Create new’ (see below).
By creating and joining a team, the distance ran by each person in that team, will be added to an accumulated total. So for those who are not able to run the full distance, this is a great way to take part, receive a medal and enjoy the event with friends or colleagues.
How does the team registration work?
- Agree with your friends or colleagues how many people are in your team and what your team will be called.
- The first person from your team should place an entry and select ‘Create new’ then ‘name your team’.
- The additional members should then place their own entries and select ‘Join existing’. Then from the drop down menu, find their team name and select it.
- Every time one of your team members completes a run between the dates of 15th-26th July, they should log into their entry and add the distance they ran.
- The distances for each person in your team will be accumulated to give you a team total. When your team has collectively completed the full distance, you have finished!
- During the event, you will be able to expand the data to see how far each member ran, to make sure nobody is shirking their duties.
This is a great way for you and your friends, extended family or work colleagues to do something active, raise some money for charity and be part of a great event.
Free Schools Entry
There’s free schools entry. The school, year group or class can enter and run the distance collectively. They’ll be able to follow their progress on our interactive map as they progress round the Lake District! Why not encourage your children’s school to take part? To access the free school entries, email email@example.com
Where do I enter?
You can enter now by GOING HERE