Before entering, please read all of the information, terms and conditions below.
Entries for the The Montane Lakeland 50 & 100, 2021 will be live on this page September 1st 2020. We will be taking an additional 300 entries to those who transferred from 2020. It will be a ballot process, the ballot will be open from 9am until midnight, on September 1st 2020.
What will I need?
- You’ll need an account with resultsbase which you can set up when you register
- If you’ve done the Lakeland 50 & 100 before, you’ll be asked which years and your times for completion, so have those to hand (dating back 12 years).
- If you haven’t done the Lakeland 50 & 100 before, you’ll be asked what you have done as qualifying experience. Read further down this page for more information, if you do not supply the required info, your entry will not be accepted.
When will I know?
All those who entered the ballot will be notified on September 3rd, at approximately 5pm. You will receive an email saying that you ‘have’ or ‘have not’ been accepted. You have 24 hours to then pay for your place in the event, if you do not pay, at 5pm on September 4th, your entry will be offered to another competitor, who will then have 24 hours to pay. This will continue until the event is full.
What do you get for your entry fee?
1. You get 2 nights camping, available Friday and Saturday (if required). If you wish to arrive earlier than Friday there are local campsites in the Coniston area but camping is not available at the school. There are toilets and showers available at race HQ from Friday through to Sunday afternoon
2. Highly detailed waterproof road foldie (written description of the route)
3. Harvey 1:40,000 waterproof map of the Lake District with the route and checkpoints pre-marked
4. Food and drink at each checkpoint on the route (specifics will be provided closer to the event)
5. Lakeland 50/100 multi-functional head scarf
6. Lakeland 50 & 100 “Foon” (spoon/fork combo)
7. Lakeland 50 & 100 car sticker
8. Finisher T-Shirt
9. Quality finishers medal
10. Free race photo downloads
11. Finishers meal at race HQ
12. 50 mile competitors, coach transport to start at Dalemain
13. Medical support from race medics and physio team
14. Live event monitoring and GPS tracking for you and your family / friends throughout the event
15. The opportunity to attend the pre-event recce days
16. The chance to be a legend
How much is the entry?
Lakeland 100 solo: £120
Lakeland 50 solo: £100
What if I want to withdraw, can I get a refund?
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION to ensure that you agree to our terms before entering.
1. If you withdraw prior to June 1st 2019, 50% of your entry fee will be returned and the remaining 50% will be donated to charity. There is no waiting list for this event and you will not be replaced by another runner.
2. If you withdraw from June 1st 2019 onwards, none of your entry fee will be refunded.
3. It is not possible at any time to defer your entry to the following year.
4. It is not possible at any time for competitors to transfer (swap names).
5. It is not possible at any time to change events, switching from the 50 to 100 or vice versa.
7. If you enter as a ‘charity entry’ the £100 charity donation made at time of entry is not refundable.
8. To read the full terms and conditions GO HERE
Notes for 50 entrants:
1. To enter the 50 you must be an experienced long distance runner or walker.
2. You must be able to navigate the route and have experience / intend to gain experience of night navigation skills.
3. It is feasible to walk the whole of the 50 mile event within the time limit if you travel at a steady pace continuously.
4. The weather can change rapidly which requires both experience and the correct footwear / clothing.
5. Please do not enter either event unless you agree to take full responsibility for your own health, fitness and well-being whilst out on the course.
Notes for 100 entrants:
The 100 mile event is for experienced ultra runners only. There is a 40-50% drop out rate in this event and it should not be approached as a first time ultra event. If you are not experienced, please enter the 50 mile event only. To gain a place in the 100 mile event, you must have achieved ONE of the following criteria:
1. You must have completed the Montane Lakeland 50 in less than 16 hours in the last 2 years.
2. You have completed the Lakeland 100 in the last 2 years
3. You have completed another trail ultra of 100 miles+
4. You have completed an event over 50 miles on mountain terrain (Lakes / Scotland / Snowdonia) with 3000m+ of ascent within the same timescale (sub 16hrs / 50 miles)
5. People who have failed to complete the L100 in 2020 but reached Dalemain or further will be considered.
VERY IMPORTANT – IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE SUFFICIENT INFO, YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN A PLACE – WE WILL NOT CONTACT YOU TO REQUEST MORE INFO.
When you enter the event, you will be asked which of the criteria above you have met. You will then be asked for additional information such as ‘the year you completed the 50/100 and the time you completed in. If you are using a different event as a qualifier, you will be asked the name of the event and you must add the year and a link to results or the time you took. If you do not add this information, your entry will not be accepted. All of the experience and results you have provided will be checked and if the organiser does not deem you experienced enough, your entry fee will be refunded in full.
Charity Entries – INSTRUCTIONS FOR RAISING FUNDS
We welcome people to the Lakeland 50 & 100 raising money for various causes, but if you are entered as a ‘charity competitor’ the money you collect for your Lakeland 100 or Lakeland 50 charity entry will need to be submitted online to us through the Epickidz JustGiving account. There are two ways to do this:
1. Set up your own Lakeland 100 or Lakeland 50 JustGiving account and ask friends and others to donate to this account. Setting up your JustGiving page is easy to do, just go to: https://www.justgiving.com/epickidz/
2. Enter your email and address details
3. Choose ‘Fundraise for us’
4. Choose ‘Take part in an organised event’
5. Choose either Lakeland 100 or Lakeland 50 and set up your JustGiving page from there.
6. Keep a check on the money being donated to your page.
7. When it reaches £100 please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We will then refund £100 paid at time of entry.
Alternatively, you can collect your charity donations through your own preferred route and then donate all the money to the Epickidz account. To set up an account, go to: https://www.justgiving.com/epickidz/
1. Enter your email and address details
2. Choose ‘Donate’
3. Please include your name when you donate as it’s difficult to track your donation if it’s anonymous.
4. When your donations total £100 please email email@example.com to let us know.We will then refund £100 paid at time of entry.