IMPORTANT – Below are the general terms for Montane Trail Series events & Lakeland Recce Days. TO SEE TERMS FOR MONTANE LAKELAND 50 & 100, scroll further down.
1. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they are medically fit to participate in any of the events advertised on this site. If you have any medical conditions which may affect participation you would first consult your GP and then inform the organisers of the situation.
2. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they have the correct equipment required for the event and also to ensure that it is in suitable working order. The organisers will not take responsibility for injury caused by faulty personal equipment.
3. If events are cancelled due to bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The organisers will offer entrants a ‘credit note’ for use as payment or part payment for another event or transfer to the rescheduled event should this occur – please note withdrawals as mentioned in items 4 and 5 below are not available for cancelled events.
4. If a competitor withdraws more than 2 weeks prior to the event, the competitor may transfer the fee towards an alternative Epic Event that is open for entries & the alternative event fee is less than or equal to the original fee. If the fee is greater than the original fee the difference must be paid. Alternatively 75% of the original fee can be refunded. We are unable to offer 100% refunds due to administration & online transaction charges. Any withdrawal requests must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. If a competitor withdraw 2 weeks or less prior to an event, the entry fee may not be transferred to another event and no refunds will be given.
6. An event entry may only be transferred to another event on one single occasion.
7. It is the competitor’s responsibility to read all of the event information in full detail, the organisers will not take responsibility for error as a consequence of competitors not reading pre-race information.
8. If a competitor should lose their electronic timing chip during the event, they will be charged £10 for a replacement chip and this fee will be payable in the week following the event.
9. The organisers cannot take responsibility for the loss of personal possessions during the event. It is the participant’s responsibility to safeguard personal possessions.
10. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they enter their details correctly when completing event entry registration process.
11. By completing the registration process you are confirming that all of the information provided is correct. The event registration MUST be completed by the participant as opposed to a third party to avoid false information.
12. Your entry must not be transferred without the organiser’s consent, you must not allow another person to participate in your name.
13. Your details and email address will be stored by Epic Event Management LTD and used to provide you with information regarding the event you have entered and other, similar events which we think may be of interest. Your contact details will not be passed to any other persons or external organisations.
14. Photography – Epic Events maintain the right to use images and photographs taken by their contracted photographers at any of their promoted events without informing event participants. These images may be used for promotional purposes as undertaken by Epic Events or their sponsors.
15. Non Compliance – We reserve the right to remove an entrant from an event at any point before, during or after for the safety and wellbeing of yourself and/or the staff, volunteers and the event’s integrity. This includes but is not limited to:
- Taking another participant’s place without approval.
- Causing offence to any staff member or event participant.
- Appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Any other behaviour or actions deemed inappropriate
MONTANE LAKELAND 50 & 100 – ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO ABOVE
1. If you withdraw prior to June 1st, 50% of your entry fee will be returned and the remaining 50% will be donated to charity. There is no waiting list for this event and you will not be replaced by another runner.
2. If you withdraw from June 1st onwards, none of your entry fee will be refunded.
3. It is not possible at any time to defer your entry to the following year.
4. It is not possible at any time for competitors to transfer (swap names).
5. It is not possible at any time to change events, switching from the 50 to 100 or vice versa.
7. If you enter as a ‘charity entry’ the £100 charity donation made at time of entry is not refundable.
These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to them